2015/10/01

Sarah Edge of Change road trip

Sarah van Gelder "Edge of Change road trip"

Until the end of 2015, I'll be on a road trip around the U.S. exploring the leading edge of transformational change. I'll be publishing articles and blogging at YES! Magazine and I'll pull my discoveries together into a book.
 
Some background: It's now been nearly 20 years since we founded YES! Many of the ideas we wrote about have taken hold and become mainstream. On the other hand, the challenges are even more dire—especially the climate crisis, inequality, poverty, racism, and a sense of powerlessness.
 
What I'm looking for: I'm looking for the emergence of new energy, innovation, and transformation -- and especially for where the work is up to the scale of the challenge. The central question is this: Where is hope to be found now? Who are the emerging leaders? What's happening at the grassroots, and can we accomplish a real transformation while there's still time?

I plan to visit places on the margins of society -- rust-belt cities, urban protest zones, Indian reservations, blockades, and ecological farming communities. I am looking for unhurried time to talk to people I've known for years and to meet new people.

My road trip: I will be driving a pick-up truck with a tiny camper on the back, starting from Washington state in August, traveling across the north of the country and to the Midwest; then south as the weather gets colder, across to the Southwest, and home to Seattle by the end of the year.

Follow me: You can follow my trip at my blog, http://edgeofchange.yesmagazine.org and via the hashtag #EdgeOfChange.


Sarah van Gelder
Co-founder & Editor at Large
YES! Magazine

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire